Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

White & Gray Fall Decor

When I showed this entry way make-over a while back, Lissa from Humble Pie suggested it would look good with some white or gray pumpkins in the Fall. I loved the idea of gray pumpkins, alas I have not come across any. So I decided to pull out just about every gray accessory I own and use those along with some white pumpkins.



Here's the top of the table.



This gray cloche is one of my favorites. When I saw it at TJ Maxx I snatched it off the shelf and hugged it to myself like a long lost child. (oops, a little bit of my drama queen is showing ;)



I backed the cloche with a piece of sheet music from Graphics Fairy.  I *carefully* burned the edges (while standing over the sink. The pumpkin sits on a little painted pot with seed heads from my garlic chives surrounding it. Why let yard clippings go to waste?



Would you think I was a freak if I told you I found this pedestal at TJ Maxx and I also clutched it lovingly to my chest?


I adore this crinkly brown paper and use it in displays all over the house. Outdoors too. In this case I was to cheap to buy a bigger white pumpkin. The paper helps prop the smaller pumpkin up so it is the right scale.



I thought this "warty" looking gourd was pretty cool. I picked through the white pumpkins trying to find the ones with the longest stems.



Down on the bookshelf.......



Something that didn't make the cut for the top shelf! The frame was brown wood. I painted it gray and then did a wash with watered down white paint. Brushing it on and wiping it off. The pumpkin picture is from Graphics Fairy.



And down on the floor........



A cute little gray lantern. Can you guess what store I got it from?
No, I didn't clutch it to my chest, don't be silly!
The candle inside is battery operated, so no chance of a fire.




On the magnetic memoboard.........



Another picture from the Graphics Fairy! I LOVE that site! Confession time.....The pumpkin photo's on Graphics Fairy are of bright orange pumpkins. I tried to use the black and white feature on my printer. However, I can never figure my printer out so it didn't work. It just so happens that my printer was almost out of ink and that is how I achieved this pale look on the pictures.



Above the memo board a FALL banner. My banner is just taped to the wall. The ribbon is just for show. I didn't want to put holes in the wall by nailing it up.



I used scrapbook paper, labels, stickers, buttons and distress ink pads. Easy, peasy!



So there you have it. You can do Fall decor in neutrals if your heart so desires.



I am enjoying the new look in the entry way. However the rest of the house will have bright orange pumpkins because I love them too!

I hope your Fall is full of hot apple cider and pumpkin muffins!








You have read this article with the title White & Gray Fall Decor. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/10/white-gray-fall-decor.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, October 17, 2010

Comments "White & Gray Fall Decor"

Post a Comment