Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Stumped


Edited 4/6/11- Linking Up To
The Stories Of A to Z Spring Mantel Party

Stumped! Yep that has been me. This is how our mantel and armoire has looked ever since holiday came down. For the first week or two I was okay with it and then I wanted to come up with a fresh new look. That is where my problem came about. For the life of me I could not think up a thing to do to these areas. I hunted high and low for the one piece to spark my creativity which was lost some where. Nothing at HobLob and nothing at HomeGoods. Then one day I remembered that there was something I had been wanting for ever!! I had been pining over it for over a year and so I finally broke down and ordered a set from FarmHousewares since I had a 10% off code.

Can you guess what came today!!??? Yep, I finally ordered a set of herb crates that ya see all over blogland! I was so excited!! It was exactly what I needed to get my creative juices flowing again.

This is what the armoire looked like this morning.

This is what it looks like now! Sorry for the poor lighting. The sun had moved to the side of the house so this was the best I could do.

I had placed the Madam Bust up there last night and The Hubster was like um no that is ugly. I agreed but now that she has company I think she looks right at home.

Just a frame and a birds nest. Ya gotta love ya some nests and empty frames!

I think this display turned out well. I am pondering on what I want to do with the inside of the doors now. They look so bare.

Well since I did the armoire I knew I had to move on to the mantel. This is how it has looked for awhile  Bionical and all. I think he was trying to hit on our Angel but she gave him the boot!;)

This is what the mantel looks like now. It is simply stated I think. I decided to keep the extra mirror there that I had moved in for the holidays. Eventually I am sure it will find its way back to the bathroom.

I love these lil' potted plants. They have moved every where around the house.

Another Song Bird frame that I decided to keep for myself.

And as always our Christmas angel who stays out all year.
I am now more at peace with my surroundings. It is started to feel homey again and not so sterile. I am currently working on the dresser and what not to the side of the fireplace so I will have to share that another day.

Don;t forget about my Paula Deen give away that ends this Friday! Also I finally figured out how to make my button into a real button so I have added those to my sidebar if ya want it!:)
Thanx for stopping by!! I am joining in on the following Linky parties!

Savvy Southern Style- Boring to Better Party
Between Naps On The Porch- Metamorphosis Monday

Southern In My Heart-Inspiration Fridays
French Country Cottage- Feathered Nest Friday


P.s. Has anybody else gotten an email requesting your mailing address from a Kristie Rogers at HomeGoods?? I got one today but am trying to figure out wether to respond or not. 


You have read this articleBTB / mantel / MMM with the title Stumped. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/01/stumped.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Comments "Stumped"

Post a Comment