Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Frenchy Side Table

Back in February I took Lucy on her first junkin' adventure.

I had found this pair of darling side tables that turned out to be in excellent condition.  Almost too perfect and I felt a bit guilty wanting to make them over but I did it anyways.

While The Nana and The Papa were in town a few weeks back I got busy sanding one of the tables down. After I finally figured out which direction I wanted to go the process went fairly well.

Ta-da! I love how it turned out. 

Let me tell ya it took quite a few hours of distressing to get the look I wanted. I do all f my sanding by hand since I HATE my mouse sander. I need to research to find a better sander that won't leave squiggly lines everywhere. If you have a sander and love it please do share!:)

Anything with turney legs and spindles or what have ya always takes a bit longer. I accomplished this look by first  adding a base coat of SW Vanillan and then I dry brushed on SW Rainwashed and decided it was not blue enough so I then dry brushed Straton Blue on top of that. After all that was done I began the HARD part of distressing the entire piece. 

I wanted to do something to the top to add some flare and so I just painted the edge with Vanillan and then distressed that as well. I did not want it to look perfect. 

To make it have more of an antique feel I finished it off with some Walnut stain. I just wiped it on and then wiped it off. I did have to use one of those spongy craft brushes to get in all of the nooks and crannies.

Here is one last look at my Frenchy side table. I was a bit nervous abt doing this piece because it will be the first piece I am offering up for sale. I am hoping it will be 100% dry this weekend so I can list it. I am thinking of listing it at $115 and then if they want the second one to match I will do them both at $195. Not sure though. I am just basing that off of what I am seeing from other VERY talented local artists. Please feel free to share your thoughts. I WONT be offended I promise!;)

Thanx for coming by! Off to make some dinner, do some homework, and fold some laundry.

Linking up to the following parties:

Wow Us Wednesdays- Savvy Southern Style

Transformation Thursdays - The Shabby Chic Cottage

Feathered Nest Friday- French Country Cottage

Inspiration Friday-At The Picket Fence

Furniture Feature Friday- Miss Mustardseeds



You have read this articlefrench side table with the title Frenchy Side Table. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/03/frenchy-side-table.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Comments "Frenchy Side Table"

Post a Comment