Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Master Bathroom {w/ gray & lavender accents}

I received this beautiful sign for Christmas ( it's from Etsy). I had the perfect spot for it in my master bathroom. But for some reason, I can't explain, I never got around to hanging it up. So when I read about Jennifer Rizzo's Refresh Your Room for spring party, it was the kick in the patootie I needed to give my master bath a little attention.



Before
The colors in my bath were mustard yellow and chocolate brown.
As much as I love to eat mustard and chocolate (although not together).
I was ready for lighter colors in my bathroom.


After

The valence was a very pretty one from Waverly.


I found this linen and cotton shower curtain on clearance for $7.00.
It has these pretty embroidered flowers on it.


I made it into a no-sew faux Roman shade. (that rhymes!)
I simply folded up the bottom and wrapped it in ribbon.


I've had this wall hanging for over 10 years.
I love it because it can go in any room.
It has hung in a different room in each home I've owned.


I was so scared to ruin it, but decided to paint it gray and the pots white.
It's growing on me.
And yes, I realize the candles don't match.
I have been looking everywhere for purple candles.
I found one at Target (only one, grrrr).
The other two are candles I already owned.
Most of the candles in stores now days are in glass jars.
I will eventually find what I'm looking for.


My old towels....


Fresh white towels.....



So here's my bathtub corner all nice and refreshed.
Can you hear it say " aaaaaaaw".


My bathroom came with this built in vanity.

What's behind the door?
It's the loo.
(men love having their own private stall, it's weird!)


On my vanity is a little home made blackboard.
I found the tarnished silver plate at the thrift store for $1.50 and gave it two coats of blackboard paint.
Before blogging a project like this never would have occurred to me.
I love all the wonderful inspiration I get from blogland!!


Here's a peek at our loo ;)


It's difficult to take photos in our bathroom because there are so many mirrors.
If you like, you can play "where's Waldo" and see how many times you can find me in the pictures!
:)



I took this little pitcher from another room and filled it with silk lavender that I already owned.




I am in love with the beautiful label on this soap!


While I'm showing you labels.....
I think this one is really pretty too!


Just for you...
Fresh lavender!





The medicine cabinet wall stayed the same.
A big metal key and a sweet little bird plaque.


I filled my apothecary jar with some handmade soap I got at a garage sale.
(it's not as weird as it sounds I'm friends with the person I bought it from)
I made an oversized tag to hang on the jar.


So that's it, my "new" bathroom fresh and light for spring!



You have read this article with the title My Master Bathroom {w/ gray & lavender accents}. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-master-bathroom-w-gray-lavender.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, March 6, 2011

Comments "My Master Bathroom {w/ gray & lavender accents}"

Post a Comment