Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My vintage style pantry

I'm going to start out my pantry makeover post by showing you a little project I completed for it.
I found this crate at the thrift store.
It used to hold children's toys, I think fake fruits and veggies.


I wanted it to look like an old crate.
I started out spraying the whole thing with heirloom white spray paint.
I was using up a can I had and it served as a base coat.
I then mixed two gray paints together. Not mixing them completely.


Here's how it looks so far.
I wanted both grays to show as well as bits of the white to show through.


I then brushed on a coat of glaze.
The next day I felt the crate still wasn't dark enough so I added a second coat of glaze.


Here's the completed crate.
It has a vintage feel to it now.


I placed it next to an old Pepsi crate and filled them both with food.


I've shown you my beloved chicken wire baskets before.
They came from Homegoods.


I liked these baskets so much I went back and got a couple more.
I like shallow containers in the pantry so I can easily see and grab the food inside.
~please don't judge my food choices~  :)


On the floor I placed a gray basket from Tuesday Morning.
It holds a big bottle of vinegar and distilled water (that I use in my steam mop).


On the top shelf, my faux vintage locker baskets.


I didn't do anything to the shelf with canned goods because I wanted to be able to grab them easily and move them around as needed.
Maybe I'll make pretty gray labels for all of them....
ha,ha, just kidding!!


A shot of the whole pantry.
I also scrubbed the shelves before putting all the food back in.
 It's amazing how grubby they were!
I should mention, this is the cleanest and most organized my pantry has ever been.
Also, there is not nearly the amount of food that is normally in here.
Because we're moving I've donated a lot of un-opened food and have been working on using food up.

I must say I'm loving having a cute, clean, pantry.
I wonder if I can maintain this in my next house?


The Lettered Cottage







You have read this article with the title My vintage style pantry. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-vintage-style-pantry.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Comments "My vintage style pantry"

Post a Comment