Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Our Guest Room

This room used to be our office, but when baby Levi came along our guest room became a nursery.
We still needed some place for guests to sleep and once we got a lap top we didn't need an entire room for our office anymore.



The room is too small to put a queen size bed in.
I was thrilled when I found this Restoration Hardware daybed on craigslist.
It has a trundle underneath so the bed can sleep two people.
There's a down filled mattress topper underneath the white quilt and sometimes I like to
 sneak in here and read a book.
It's very comfy and cozy!
Then my kids find me and I'm terrified of their grubby fingers touching the white quilt- so I have to usher them out and leave my tranquil space.




I've loaded the bed with lots of pillows. It feels so good to sink into them while reading.



The burlap pillow is from Restoration Hardware (on sale).
The other pillow was custom made from the Etsy shop Styled Spaces.
 She listed it as a smaller pillow and the printing was black.
I asked  her to make me a 26x26 pillow cover and change the printing to a khaki color.
Like I said in my last post, I love Etsy because most of the sellers are happy to do custom orders.



I hung my French signs, which are thrift store makeovers, on the wall.
I also have put my French gray table, also a thrift store makeover, here in the room.



These ugly oak veneer bookcases had to stay in the room.
I gave them a little makeover with some fabric and wallpaper.
If you want to know more about it you can click HERE.
Behind the curtains are lots of books and photo albums and the top shelves hold pretty things and
 vintage style baskets.
 I love things that are both pretty and practical. The baskets look good, but also hold a lot.


In the little wall space between the closet and one of the bookcases I hung my beloved herb crates.
I got these for my birthday last spring and it took me quite a while to figure out what to put in them.
I'm finally happy with what I came up with. (the fourth herb crate is in my laundry room)


In the top box I placed a white crown oil pourer and a faux herb.
The crown pourer is propped up with a soup can.


I've had this ceramic pomegranate plaque for a long time.
I really loved it but never could find the right place to put it in the house.
I propped it up and wrapped some burlap ribbon around it and I like it in here.


In the bottom box some faux herbs and a little metal birdcage.
The birdcage used to be black but I painted it.


So that's it. Our cozy girly guest room.
There is more I'd like to do, but since we're moving I'm going to leave it like this and have fun playing with the room some more in the new house!

Which we haven't found yet..... (please pray for us) :)


                                                                     French Country Cottage



You have read this article with the title Our Guest Room. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/04/our-guest-room.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, April 11, 2011

Comments "Our Guest Room"

Post a Comment