Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Kitchen

Whenever we move I like to take pictures of my home so we have memories and reminders of our old house. This is the first time I have had a blog while moving so I decided I'd share the photos with you.
A reader recently told me she would like to see pictures of my kitchen, so here we go..........

I have been very, very, lucky with this house because the kitchen is huge.
I don't ever expect to have a kitchen this big again, but I have loved it while it was mine.


This is what the breakfast room in our kitchen looked like yesterday morning.
I sold the dining set on craigslist yesterday.  A glass tabletop and kids do not mix.


I'm not crazy about the black valence and sconces anymore, but kept them up for showing the house.


I added some farmhouse country below the window tying into the black.


I found these cute jars recently at Tuesday Morning.


Our house has a very open floor plan. You can see into our dining room and living room from the kitchen.
On the other side of this dining area is our family room which I will show you in another post.


I have been really pleased with what I came up with on top of the upper cabinets.
It can be a challenging space to decorate and you don't want it looking cluttered.
I used wood and wicker platters from Ikea propped up on plate stands.
Then cheap urns and faux plants. Everything is propped up on books and wood slats.
Whatever you put on top of the cabinets gets very dusty and greasy so you don't want to put anything up there that is too important to you.


I found this reproduction metal egg gathering basket from Homegoods and it's perfect for holding wooden spoons and such. The green pottery is a old piece that I love.


Moving around the room we have more cabinets.
In my other houses I've kept things like my punch bowl and crock pot in the garage and pulled them out when I needed to use them. In this kitchen I've been able to hold every single thing in the cabinets and then still have more room. I've been very spoiled!


This is the first time I've had an island in my kitchen and it's been wonderful!
You can see my entry way and front door in the background.
That's the one thing I don't like about an open floor plan...
Someone comes over and they can see all of your mess from the front door.


Behind the white door is my pantry.


Notice how I cropped the sink. That's because there were dirty dishes in it!


Usually my laptop sits on the island. It's a nice place to blog.


The counter stools were from Pier One. They are being sold too.


See the metal wall hanging above my range?
It's actually plastic! It was white and I spray painted it black.


So there you have it, a tour of my kitchen.
I have no idea what my new kitchen will look like.
We have found a home in Illinois that we are going to rent, but I haven't seen it.
My hubby took pictures of the house, but he didn't take any of the kitchen so it will be a surprise for me.



You have read this article with the title My Kitchen. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-kitchen.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Comments "My Kitchen"

Post a Comment