Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Fall Mantel-An All Day Affair

Yep, The Fall Fairy decided to finally make a stop at our house! Let me tell you it was an all day affair! I was arranging things and thinking how I needed a few more things so I started digging thru all my stuff and forgot I had not one but two bins full of fall goodness in the pretty closet. Yes, I said pretty closet! We have his and hers closets and well mine is full of what my boys call my pretties!;) Some gals go for shoes I go for decor.

My fall mantel display was created pretty much with stuff I already had. This cute Autumn sign I got last year at HomeGoods.

I used the architectural piece bookends I purchased last month from HomeGoods to flank the wreath.

The wreath is the only new piece! I just could not pass it up when I saw it at yes, HomeGoods on Thursday! It hopped in my cart and refused to get out. I paid $40 for it and tried to reason myself out of it since I usually make my own wreaths but I was adding up what all was in the wreath and by the time I purchased all the garlands and picks I would have been pretty darn near that $40 in the first place even with it all on sale.  

I needed some taller items on either side of the mirror so I pulled the topiaries down from the front door ledge and just stuck some fall leaves and a pumpkin in them. The shutters I just finished painting and were a gift from my mom. She got them at an estate sale. I have another set out in the garage that I am thinking of painting and selling.

And here is what took all day! I did it layer by layer and would get frustrated so I would walk away and come back to it. I am not one that can just throw stuff together in a flash. It always takes me some time to achieve the look I am going for.

Down on the hearth I pulled out my twigs I have had for years from Target and my candle sconce from a store called Illuminations that sadly closed up shop. It was divine! The only light in the entire store was by candles!

For the lantern I just threw some picks on top with raffia ribbon.

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. This is the first year to decorate for the seasons with the new fireplace surround and flooring! And yes that is blue painters tape you are seeing! I am still working on caulking and repainting the baseboards!;) 

The Fall Fairy is not done and has left a few messes along the way. The dining room is still in progress as well as the landing and as soon as I get the trim painted behind the tv cabinet I need to decorate the top of it so there will be plenty of fall yumminess yet to come!

Speaking of yumminess!! You MUST go out and get these tart warmers from WM! They are beyond yummy and our entire house smells delicious!
Hope your weekend is going well and thanx for stopping by!

Linking up to the following parties:

The DIY Show Off

You have read this articlefall decor / fall mantel / HomeGoods with the title Fall Mantel-An All Day Affair. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-mantel-all-day-affair.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, September 25, 2011

Comments "Fall Mantel-An All Day Affair"

Post a Comment