Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

What to do....

So this was my Monday morning a few months back. I had a beautiful antique mirror that I purchased as part of a lot. It had a few minor flaws but to me that made it all the more beautiful. I decided to place it on my counter in the bathroom. The Hubster asked me if it was gonna fall. Oh, no honey it is just fine! Hmmmm, guess it was not all that fine. On the bright side of things I was very blessed because it fell off the counter onto my bare feet and I walked away with only a tiny scratch!

So what do you do with an antique mirror back!? I contemplated saving it and making a sign out of it. I also contemplated making a chalk board out of it. 

Because I am so indecisive I decided to make it both! I needed a sign for my little rental space out at The Old Oak Cottage and this worked out just perfect!

I use it to display pieces I already have completed but won't fit in my space and also future soon to be completed projects.
All my metal ware was purchase at HobLob for half off and some of it I already owned so the most expensive thing I believe was the chalk paint but even that I purchased at HobLob with a 40% off coupon.
As for the blue painters tape on tape on the back that was to protect anything to include myself from being scratched. My screws were a teeny tad too long so that was the best I could do.
Be sure to come back soon! I will be sharing its new home!

Linking up to the following parties:
Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Potpourri Friday


You have read this articleantique mirror / chalk boards with the title What to do..... You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-to-do.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, November 3, 2011

Comments "What to do...."

Post a Comment