Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A Few of My Favorite Things

Wow! It is hard to believe that this holiday season is almost all over with. We have had a whirlwind week this past week but have loved every minute of it. The Nana & The Papa came in from Ga to spend Christmas with us. We love having them here and it helps take the sting out of living half way across the country from both of our families. 
Some of my favorite things from this past week include our festivities for one little boy who turned 6! Now those are 6 years that just flew by! His pick of theme this year was Angry Birds. Thankfully I was able to find a few party supplies. Party City just started getting them in so there was not much. He had a blast that day at Dave & Busters. We all did!

One of my next favorite things included a project with our garage doors that I have been wanting to do for over two years now. 

I think I am in love! There are a lot of homes in our neighborhood that have these carriage house looking garage doors and I have been wanting the hardware for ever it seems. The Papa & I put them up and it was beyond easy y'all! An inexpensive project with such a big impact! I have no idea why it took us so long to do this. It really does make a huge difference in the appearance of our home. Just click here and it will take you to where I found it at.

I was over the moon when my Mom and Oldest got me new Mark Roberts Fairies to add to my collection! Thanx Mom!

Then The Nana & The Papa gave me these wonderful books of inspiration. I can spend hours just flipping thru these! Thank you Nana & Papa!

And then there is this project that finally was completed. I purchased this chandy over two years ago on the local yard sale site for my craft/sewing room....FYI for those of you wondering we have a website where people who are local can post their items for sale. Kinda like Craigslist but more localized....Anyways, I have hemmed and hawed on  what to do with it and where to place it but I finally decided to ask The Papa to just make it into a lamp that I can plug in the wall and turn on and off with a switch. I also decided that it will go in the guest bedroom and not in my sewing/craft room!

So there are just a few highlights from my past week! I hope that yours was as joyful and blessed filled with family and friends!

Don't forget to come back by Saturday and share your favorite projects/posts of 2011 for my Auld Lang Syne Party!

Also do not forget to enter the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint giveaway if you haven't  yet! Deadline is Saturday!


Here is the winner of the CeCe Caldwell Paint Give Away!



You have read this articlecarriage house garage doors / marks roberts fairies with the title A Few of My Favorite Things. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/12/a-few-of-my-favorite-things.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, December 29, 2011

Comments "A Few of My Favorite Things"

Post a Comment