Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Christmas Dining

I've kept the decor pretty simple on my dining room table.
I should have ironed down the edges on my runner, but all this decorating makes a girl tired!


My runner looks like an old grain sack, but is actually towel material that you can purchase
 by the yard from Quilter Studio.
The sides are already hemmed...which for this non sewer is awesome!



I was lucky enough to win this cool burlap coffee sack vase from Lemonade Makin' Mama.
I put one of those thick glass vases you can get at the thrift store for 99 cents inside and then filled it with greenery from my yard and some faux frosted red berries. Finally I wrapped some wired ribbon around the top and added a glittery snowflake ornament.
I {heart} it!



I found these cute red deer from Target and filled some canning jars with candy canes.
One day I found my two year old hiding underneath the table eating one.
That lil' bugger makes me laugh. :)



I also kept the decor on my buffet pretty simple.


Using large scale pieces to decorate with means it will be that much easier for me to put away later. :)



I got this tree on clearance after Christmas last year from World Market.
I think they are selling them again this year.



I pulled out an old bronze colored metal deer candle holder because I thought it went nicely
with my new deer print.



Isn't this deer print the sweetest thing!
I got it from an Etsy shop called Cafe Baudelaire.
 I placed it in an over sized frame backed with fabric.


The darling wooden shoes are from my Dutch friend who brought them home for me
when she came back from a trip to The Netherlands.
They are very special to me because they are from a friend that I treasure.



Moving on to my breakfast room.....
I thought it would be fun to do a Christmas tablescape in here.



It's much easier to put a tablescape together on a small table than on my big long dining table.



The place mats are vintage ledger sheets from my fiend Heidi.


Linen colored napkins embroidered with white Christmas trees wrapped in gingham ribbon.



I used the ornamental kale in my Fall decorating, but it's still going strong so I brought it into the house.



Bright red fresh pomegranates are so festive sitting in a pedestal with greenery.



Silver deer and jingle bells round out the rest of the arrangement.



Ready for Christmas cookies and hot cocoa!



I know it's crazy, but I've actually been trying to lose weight this month.
It's been working too. (slowly but surely)



So you want to know something I do to keep myself going while eating all this healthy food in small portions?




I've been planning out my Christmas menu. Meal by meal in great detail.
Nothing will be off limits on Christmas!




Crazy? Maybe, but it works for me!

Primp your stuff Wednesdays!

Home for the holidays @ Corson Cottage

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage



You have read this article with the title Christmas Dining. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-dining.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, December 15, 2011

Comments "Christmas Dining"

Post a Comment