Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

How I Created a Grain Sack Table

Today I spent the afternoon making a grain sack table. 
Yesterday I met up with Linsey from The Farmhouse Porch and Anita from Cedar Hill Ranch for lunch and some shopping at Old Town Spring. I had promised myself before we went that I was going to be good and not spend any money.
Well, I broke that promise when I spotted this adorable little farmhouse table. I HAD to bring it home with me because it was a great price which made me not feel too bad about breaking my promise!;)
I knew when I bought it I would be making it over. The orange red color just was not working for me and as you can see it had been loved big time. It even had a crack down the center but that was fine with me. It added to its charm.
After painting the entire table Country Grey I decided it needed something more. Since it had the crack down the center I knew I had to make this little table into a grain sack table. I could not find any painters tape so I just found a straight edge and drew the outer lines of the grain sack stripe.
I hand painted the stripes in black.
I actually liked that I didn't have perfectly straight lines. 
Next up I white washed the top.
White washing the top though left paint in the cracks of the table. I did not like that so out came the tooth floss!:)
Next I decided to use my AS Craqueleur to add some more age to the piece.
My hair dryer is always by my side when I am using Craqueleur. I am just too impatient to wait for it to dry on its own.
The top of table has only been clear waxed. The bottom portion has been clear waxed and then I added a little dark wax to bring out all the cracks.
Here is what I ended up with. I was quite pleased with the results. It looks like it was painted years ago.
I even took the grain stack stripe side down the sides.
I am so glad I found this little table yesterday and so glad I got to hang out with some fabulous ladies! I can't wait till our next outing.
Linking up to the following parties:

You have read this articleAnnie Sloan / cedar hill ranch / chalk paint / craqueleur / farmhouse / grain sack stripe / rain sack stripe table / rustic / shabby / the farmhouse porch / vintage table with the title How I Created a Grain Sack Table. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-i-created-grain-sack-table.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, January 26, 2013

Comments "How I Created a Grain Sack Table"

Post a Comment