Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My $43 French Chandelier

Yes, you read that right I said $43 for a Frenchy  chandelier! 
A few weeks back in the midst of our laundry room makeover I came across a set of French inspired light fixtures on the local yard sale site. You can imagine my joy when I saw that the seller was only asking $100 for the chandelier and two sconces. I just knew they had to be gone but I called anyways. Turns out the seller lives in my hood so I drove right over to look at them. She actually is moving and these were in her new house. Though lovely she thought they did not fit in with her style. She had no idea what they were worth and had just told her hubby to throw um up on the yard sale site to get um out of the way. Being a chandy lover I knew this style of lighting cost quite a bit even the inexpensive versions. I ended up getting the set for just $86! That breaks down to $43 for the chandy and only $21.50 for each sconce. I could not believe it and at the time I had no idea where I was going to be using them but I knew they had to be mine. After I got home I did some research and found them online. All three would have cost me over $700!
Originally I had wanted to hang the new chandy in our stair landing. In the end I decided to steal the current chandy that was in our dining room and place it in our laundry room. I always felt that it was a tad small for the dining room to begin with and well the new chandy was plenty big enough. The stair landing could wait.
I decided not to use the ceiling medallion with it because it has such an ornate ceiling plate. 
I love the patina and thus was thrilled I was not going to have to update the finish.


I think the new chandy fits the dining room space so much better. 
Though I love the new chandy it is missing something. Can you guess what it is missing? Something that I just love and so I was trying to figure out how I could add it. 
Source
I ended up finding this inspiration pic that has a chandy with a similar patina and bling! I knew I had to order some bling. 
I can not wait to add bling to this chandy. I think it will be just fabulous.

Be sure to check back by for another change coming soon to the dining room.

Linking up to the following linky parties:
Metamorphosis Mondays
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tuesday Treasures
Cowgirl Up
Wow us Wednesday
Feathered Nest Friday
Be Inspired Fridays

Fabulously Creative Friday


You have read this article with the title My $43 French Chandelier. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-43-french-chandelier.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, February 4, 2013

Comments "My $43 French Chandelier"

Post a Comment