Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Winter Fireplace

This week I was determined to figure out what the heck to do with our fireplace. It was driving me insane.
Our fireplace has looked like this for almost a month now. I just could not figure out what I wanted to do with it after taking down Christmas other than to paint that mirror. I took down the larger mirror that is normally up there and replaced it with this taller skinnier mirror. I felt it was time to change things up after three years. 
I had The Hubster help me get the newest mirror down so I could paint it. This is what I came up with, an inexpensive trumeau mirror. I am not quite happy with it. The detail at the top is just not right to me so I think I am going to be looking for a more ornate piece to replace it. It had an awesome piece on it at some point in time because I could still see the outline of it. I hate that it was missing.
I wanted to age the mirror so I purchased some Looking Glass spray paint. I sprayed it on top of the mirror itself. If I go to age a mirror again I will NOT be doing it this way. The Looking Glass paint is not meant to be sprayed on top of items but inside of or the back of glass. So even though it looks awesome it comes off very very easily!:( 
 I ordered this faux vintage cow print back in November from The Antique Farmhouse. I originally was going to put it in the laundry room but it didn't make the cut in the end.
Next up I pulled out from the garage an old chippy corbel I purchased back after Christmas. I actually have four of them with no idea on what I will do with all of them but they were a must have!;) 
I am trying to lighten and brighten things up in our home and this Ralph Lauren pillow plus its twin hopped in my cart while at HomeGoods one day. I layered it with a cloth napkin I purchased from Pier One. I am thinking of making a pillow with it but for now I like it here.
My new little grain sack table that I shared last week found a home right here.
I added this cute little pillow from Decor Steals to complete the vignette.

I am not quite satisfied with it all just yet so do not be surprised if a week from now I am sharing the fireplace yet again but all changed up!;)

Linking up to the following parties:
Feathered Nest Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Fabulously Creative Friday


You have read this article with the title Winter Fireplace. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/02/winter-fireplace.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, February 1, 2013

Comments "Winter Fireplace"

Post a Comment