Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Project Nest

Last week I shared with y'all how I fell in love with Deborah's 'Nest" chair and just had to have one for myself.  Deborah was super sweet in helping me out by providing the graphic which you can find on her blog Upcycling My Ordinary Life! Thanx Deborah for sharing it with us all! You are a sweetie!




This is the before of the nasty chair that required an entire container of Clorox wipes!





Of course I busted out the Chalk Paint for this project. I used Chateau Grey as my base coat and then Old White as my top coat.




After I used the old pencil and paper transfer trick I used a paint pen to draw on the 'Nest' and then used clear wax over the entire piece. Next I used my Jacobean wax on the seat after some distressing and decided it was just too dark for the entire piece so I only used it on the seat. 




The rest of the chair I used a dark wax but by a differ maker and made sure to rub most of it back off. 




I think it turned out really nice and I have Deborah to thank for the inspiration and help! You rock lady!




Here is just a little setting I made cause I am corny like that. I wanted to see what the chair and table looked like next to each other.
Hope your week was a good one y'all! Don't forget if you have a treasure this week be sure to come on over and party for Treasure Hunt Thursday!

Linking up to the following parties:
Inspiration Friday


Transformation Thursday








vif187

Stuff and Nonsense


Photobucket
bws tips button










You have read this articlechalk paint projects / nest chair with the title Project Nest. You can bookmark this page URL https://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/08/project-nest.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, August 11, 2011

Comments "Project Nest"

Post a Comment