Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

silver & copper reindeer

I had a lot of fun playing with some new (to me) craft products. I made metal reindeer ornaments. Come along and I'll show you how.

I started by tracing a deer from a magazine onto a piece of tissue paper.

I then cut out the tissue paper deer and traced it onto a piece of cardstock and then cut it out. Now we have our pattern.



I used rolls of soft metal for embossing. I used copper and silver, they also had gold at the craft store. I asked two different employees at the craft store where to find this product and they didn't know what I was talking about. After roaming the aisles forever I finally found it myself.





I glued the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of thin metal onto a piece of cardstock of the same size and color as the metal. Then using a dull pencil I traced my deer onto the metal sheet. I then cut it out.



Then I used my FUN new toy! It's a roller that embosses different shapes and designs onto the metal. This one has three different tops that screw on and off to give you three different designs for embossing. I went to the craft store on black Friday so I got all my new craft goodies at 20% off!




See how I've outlined one of the legs with my roller.



A copper reindeer.



I used the roller to outline.



A silver reindeer.









This reindeer has "diamonds" all over it.



These were so fun to make. My son made an ornament with some of my scraps. He made a star by tracing a star cookie cutter. He loved using the embossing roller too. I forgot to take a picture of it. Let me know if you decide to try this, I think you'll love it!

You have read this article with the title silver & copper reindeer. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2009/12/silver-copper-reindeer.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Comments "silver & copper reindeer"

Post a Comment