Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Paint, Paint, Paint

I'd like to introduce you to my new little vignette next to my front door.
Wait until you see how it started out!

Whoa....call the ugly police!!

According to the information on the back; Geraldine from Colorado painted this still life in the Fall of 1971. Don't hate me for covering up your painting Gerry! It was marked down to $5.00 at the thrift store. They are the ones dissing you, not me!

First I glued on some left over roofing tiles from my patio table re-do.
The tiles did not want to stick to the canvas so I had to weigh them down until the glue dried.

I painted the frame and covered the roofing tiles with fabric.

The roofing tiles are magnetic. Click to see how to make magnets.

Ta-da!!! A lovely memo board.

Oh, look who came driving by on his little tractor!
Take your eyes off the baby for a moment and notice the black library table behind him.
There is nothing wrong with black, but I painted it so it would coordinate with everything else. 

My husband watched me paint the table this lovely creamy white. He was not around when I distressed the table. When he saw it distressed he said "what happened to it?" Then before I could answer he said "oh, you did that on purpose." He just doesn't "get" distressed furniture, LOL! I'm sure some of you ladies out there know what I'm talking about!

I found this awesome basket at Ross. Unfortunately it was to big for my laundry room.

I was able to rip off the fabric laundry tag and I replaced it with a wooden "2". I bought it unfinished from the craft store and painted it white and gray. I then hot glued it onto the basket.

I really like it !
I chose the number two for my two boys. :)

Here's how it looks all put together.
Now let's break down the accessorizing......

I found this at a shop when I was in Southern Utah.
I'm sure some off you talented ladies out there could make one.

Flowers in a thrift store container.
 I love sage green so I grabbed the metal pot quickly when I spotted it.

Greenery under a cloche. The pot was terra cotta colored. I painted it too.

Some books I ripped the covers off of. I tied a few with twine.


A cute little piece I got on clearance from Anthropologie.

Isn't it great what a little (alot) of paint can do!

I have to admit I find myself staring at the area quite a bit now that it's all come together.
Although I wish that thermostat wasn't showing.

I plan to hang some of my sons artwork from the memo board.

Once again, the BEFORE......

The AFTER! (I think my husband even likes it, lol)

 
You have read this article with the title Paint, Paint, Paint. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/09/paint-paint-paint.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, September 11, 2010

Comments "Paint, Paint, Paint"

Post a Comment