Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Christmas Mantel

Welcome to the Obama Furniture mantel for Christmas 2010!
"Ho, Ho, Ho" :)


Last years mantel was traditional red and green.
This year....... a winter wonderland.
Almost everything on the mantel I bought at after Christmas clearance sales last year.


Silver, white, snowy evergreens, metal and glitter.
These are a few of my favorite things!



I knew that our usual stocking of red and green wouldn't work with this mantel and yet I didn't want to spend bucko bucks on new stockings.
I was really thrilled when I saw a a cool stocking make-over at Boogie Board Cottage. She took white stockings from the dollar store and embellished them.

 
I don't sew, so I glued on burlap style trim, silver ribbon and a glittery silver snowflake ornament.



I have two big green tin pieces.
 I decided to paint one white and used gray to highlight the raised areas on the piece.
 On top of the tin piece I put a white and silver jingle bell wreath.
The ribbon holding the wreath is secured to a nail behind the tin piece.



Super sparkly NOEL piece.



I raised up the deer, trees and noel by placing them on baby blocks.
The greenery hid most of the blocks and the silver ornaments help hide them even more.



I know it is a blogging "sin" to use your flash when you take pictures.
But I used the flash just this once so you could see the wonderful raised detail on the deer and the sparkles on the metal trees.



My mantel is super narrow so It is just about impossible to layer things on it.
 In fact I had to use nails to keep the greenery from falling off the mantel.
Hiding the nails with ornaments.



Thanks for visiting........

Merry Christmas!


The Lettered Cottage







You have read this article with the title My Christmas Mantel. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-christmas-mantel.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, November 29, 2010

Comments "My Christmas Mantel"

Post a Comment