Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Vintage Dresser Redo Take 2


Back in 2010 I picked this vintage dresser up for just $65. It had seen much better days. I had purchased it so I could have a folding area in our laundry room.
It got a makeover with yellow paint and new knobs. 
Not too long ago I decided I was tired of the yellow and thus out came my AS paints.
I covered a majority of the area loosely with Old White. I did not mind if some of the yellow slightly showed.
Next I colored washed it with Country Grey to give it that time worn feel. Total paint time was just 45 minutes to include a clear wax top coat!
Then I updated the hardware yet again with beautiful crystal knobs.
As you can see the dresser got more than just a new paint job and new knobs. The Hubster helped me take out the bottom two drawers. The drawers never pulled out correctly so I never used them. 
 I needed a spot for Baby Girls kennel which fits perfectly! She loves having her own space away from everything. Sometimes though her kitty siblings like to walk by, then just sit and stare at her while she is napping. 
So last night I made this little curtain from a shower curtain I had purchased on clearance at Target. It was part of the Shabby Chic Collection they carry. Savannah loves it so much that she actually slept till 9 am this morning! Her normal routine is to wake between 6 and 6:30 so the late start was very much appreciated!;)
As you can see I am almost ready to reveal the laundry room makeover! The Hubster took down the fluorescent light today so all I need to do is to decide on the new light!

Before I go I wanted to let y'all know that next Sunday I will begin my new series called "How I Found My Style". Every Sunday I will be featuring a different blogger who will share with us how they "found" their style and their personal tips on creating a beautiful home. I can not wait! I already have thru Feb scheduled and y'all will just love who will be here visiting and sharing with us!

Have a good one!

Linking up to the following linky parties:

2013 1st Project Of The Year Party-Whisper Wood Cottage
Metamorphosis Monday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up
Wow Us Wednesdays
Blissful White Wednesday

Tutorials Tips & Tidbits
Feathered Nest Friday
Be Inspired Fridays

Furniture Feature Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday

You have read this articleAnnie Sloan / chalk paint / DIY dog kennel. shabby chic / dog kennel / farm house / french country / vintage dresser with the title Vintage Dresser Redo Take 2. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2013/01/vintage-dresser-redo-take-2.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, January 13, 2013

Comments "Vintage Dresser Redo Take 2"

Post a Comment