Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Signs of the times

A couple of weeks ago I made over some metal signs. Come along and I'll show you what I did....



The first sign started out looking like this. I found this beauty at the thrift store. It is made of metal so I knew it had potential.


My first attempt was this. I've shown it to you before. It's good to keep humble, lol. I painted it white with black accents and attempted to stencil it.


My second attempt: I painted it cream with taupe accents and some glaze.


Wonderfully Wordy had a sale on their vinyl so I got this "welcome" vinyl in brown. Much better than stenciling!!!! You just need to measure your sign carefully so you purchase vinyl that is the right size.


I got this sign from Ross department store. It was marked down (for obvious reasons). Even though the paper was coming off, it was a pain in the booty to get it all off. I had to use Googone and there was still glue residue on it when all the paper came off. So I'm not really recommending this project to anyone.


I painted the sign green, the raised parts of the sign were painted white and I applied a bit of antiquing glaze to this sign as well.


I also got this "family" vinyl on sale from Wonderfully Wordy too.


So there you have it. Two "new" signs for Obama Furniture.







You have read this article with the title Signs of the times. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/11/signs-of-times.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Comments "Signs of the times"

Post a Comment