Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Bring On The Tinsel

Hey y'all! I apologize for being away this past week but as you can see I have been quite busy!

The tree has been trimmed.

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care in hopes that the end of holiday decorating will soon be near! I don't know abt y'all but for some reason this year I have felt totally over whelmed with this holiday stuff! It may have to do with the fact that I had not even started shopping until abt two weeks ago. It
may be due to the fact that this year we went to Ga for Thanksgiving. Or it may be due to the fact that I want things just right. Just right for whom!? Yeah, I know, I could just throw up a tree with some twinkling lights and call it a day as far as my men are concerned but I know deep down inside they enjoy all my fuss as much as I do. Really this year has overwhelmed me for the sheer fact that I have put so much more time into it than I have in the past and I keep thinking abt how in just three weeks it will all be done and over with!:( I think next year I will start  the decorating at the beginning of November but not actually have the lighting of the lights till the day after Thanksgiving.
Anywho, who wants to see some more holiday cheer!? I know I do and can not wait to slow down so I can stop by and visit everybody and see their wonderful displays!!

This is from last year. It was our first year in this  house and well a lot was going on at the time so I just kinda threw things up. Simple and sweet but yet not quite inspirational.

This is this year and I must say it is one of my most fave displays thus far! Mind you I have yet to finish cause things like laundry, hungry children, and sewing have to come in play sometime. Oh yeah and sleep!;)

I received this set from The Nana and few years back and have to admit it has never had a spot that has done it justice till now. I layered this area which I think is what really made it come to life. I used the iron piece from my fall mantel and then just hung the star and some small candle rings on the hooks. Of course the fresh sprigs of evergreen are a must! Well worth the $4.99.

Christmas would not be complete without a few nutcrackers. $1 section at Target! Score!

The best thing is that this entire display was done almost entirely money free! Total cost was just $6! I guess that actually has been THE big stresser for me this year!! It is so easy to say hey I need this and I need this and just go out and buy it but this year I was determined to do very little of that. Even though it stresses me I have to say I am enjoying it all the more!

Thanx for stopping by to visit and I hope you enjoyed the first glimpse into our holiday wonderland! I will be sharing more this week so come back soon. Now off to accomplish some of those never ending chores. Have a good one y'all!
 Linking up to the following Parties this week:

Metamorphosis Mondays-Between Naps On The Porch
Sunday Showcase Showoff-Under The Table & Dreaming
Boring To Better Party-Savvy Southern Style
Hooked On Holiday House Tours- Hooked on Houses
Christmas Vignette Linky Party- Southern Hospitality


You have read this articleholiday viginette with the title Bring On The Tinsel. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2010/12/bring-on-tinsel.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, December 5, 2010

Comments "Bring On The Tinsel"

Post a Comment