Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Faux Vintage French Pots

Everyone can use a little extra storage.
Cute little pots to hold pencils, Q-tips, rubber bands, paint brushes etc, etc.


So I couldn't pass up these little pots on clearance.
They were only 29 cents a piece. (at Michael's)
But I wasn't diggin' the bright flower photos on them.


I decided to try a variety of different finishes on the pots.
Using very inexpensive stuff that I already had around the house.
But I wanted them all to have a vintage French look to them


 First I sprayed primer on all the pots and let them dry.


On these pots I used white spray paint.
I then added glaze and a little brown paint around the top and bottom of the pot.


I printed off some vintage postcards from Graphics Fairy.
I ripped them up a bit.
Used brown ink around the edges.
Then used Mod Podge to stick them on the pots.


On these pots I used my gray paint technique that I've talked about here and here.
I then used these tiny rubber alphabet stamps from the dollar section of Target.


I think this may be my favorite pot.


I purposely didn't line the letters up perfectly.
Okay, actually that's a lie.
I tried to line them up and failed.
Let's pretend it adds to their vintage looking charm. ;)


Another white pot.
Can you guess what the letters are?


Scrapbook stickers!
I had to realign these many times too.
I have issues with straight lines.


These stinkers were done with stencils.
I really suck at stencils!
They were from the dollar section of Target so maybe I should blame it on the cheap product and not my poor skills.
Yeah, that sounds good.


On these next set of pots I painted a bit of the pot black.
After it dried I applied stickers.
 (um, again from the Target dollar section. I love those aisles!).
Then I sprayed the whole pot white and after it dried I removed the stickers.


My eleven year old son thought it was so dumb that I kept putting Paris France on everything.
Boys just don't understand!


I made my own tag for this gray pot and tied it on with a bit of twine.


I'm getting sick of talking about these pots.
What else should we talk about?

I'm so glad Conan O' Brien is back on the air.
I'm also glad I have DVR so I can watch him the next day.
I think he is a comic genius.
Discuss amongst yourselves.


I never knew the word ampersand before I started blogging.
Did you?



One more ugly before photo.

BTW, thank you so much for all your kind words about my vintage gym lockers.
I was shocked at the number of comments I received.
Love you guys!!!











You have read this article with the title Faux Vintage French Pots. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/01/faux-vintage-french-pots.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, January 13, 2011

Comments "Faux Vintage French Pots"

Post a Comment