Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

An Egg-cellent Valentine tree!

Some of you have probably seen the idea of a tree full of hearts before.
But this tree tree has something unexpected!
I look forward to showing you....


I started with a package of wood hearts.
I then painted them pink.


Next I covered them with.........
Eggshells!
I got the idea for trying an egg shell mosaic from the blog Can't Stop Making Things.
Gail's blog has all kinds of great craft projects. Check it out!

I used four eggs which I hard boiled. I then put them in the fridge overnight.
The next day I took the shells off and then removed the membrane from the shells.
It's a bit tedious, but I was sick when I made these so I didn't mind sitting and doing this mundane task.


Next I covered a section of the heart with Mod Podge and put on pieces of egg shell.
Press down on the shell to flatten and crack it more.
Then do another section until the heart is covered.
I got impatient and ended up covering the heart with Mod Podge and sprinkling the heart with egg shell then gently shaking off the excess. Like you would do with a glitter project.
Once the heart was covered and the bottom layer of Mod Podge was dry I placed a top coat of Mod Podge on the whole thing.


I still felt like the hearts were missing something.
So I covered them with some very pale pink nail polish to give them a little bit of glimmer.
The heart on the left has polish on it and the heart on the right does not.


 I hot glued pink gingham ribbon on the hearts and hung them on a tree branch.
The branch is in a piece of floral foam inside the urn.


It's times like this when I wish I had a fancy camera and the skills to use such camera.
That way you could really see how pretty this looks in person.


The Valentine tree is sitting on a tray with some little books and a mercury glass bird.


A close up of a heart.
Can you see the bit of glimmer?


It was so fun to make a pretty Valentine's craft with such an unexpected element!


So put on a favorite TV show and get crackin'
Get it?
Crackin', like cracked eggs?
I crack myself up!
Get it?
 Okay, sorry I'll stop.


Happy Valentine's day my loves!!


p.s. I want to say thank you to my good friend Amy from All Things Home and Beth from My Serendipity. They have both given me a Stylish Blogger award. I don't think I've ever been called stylish before! Even though I am a party pooper and don't really do the whole award thing. I want to say thank you so much for thinking of me!








You have read this article with the title An Egg-cellent Valentine tree!. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/02/an-egg-cellent-valentine-tree.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, February 10, 2011

Comments "An Egg-cellent Valentine tree!"

Post a Comment