Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Faux Vintage Metal Basket

Many, many, times I've painted something white to make it look better.
But this time I actually decided to remove the white paint. *gasp*
I found this metal basket at the thrift store.
The shape reminded me of an antique basket.
The photo doesn't show this but the paint was a very glossy white.
Glossy paint was all wrong for this piece.


I felt my thrift store piece could look like this bushel basket from Pottery Barn.


I used spray on paint stripper, steel wool and lots and lots of elbow grease.
This project reminded me why I don't strip furniture.
It's hard work!
At one point I was on the garage floor scrubbing for so long my legs fell asleep
and I could barely stand up afterwards!


But this time the work was worth it.
Look at the wonderful patina the metal has!


For these photos I filled the basket with lavender.
I am loving having lavender in the house!



But I also think it would look cool sitting on a shelf in my son Grants room filled with old baseballs.


Or maybe I should set it next to my bed filled with magazines...
and the latest Pottery Barn catalog of course!  ;)

freckled laundry





You have read this article with the title Faux Vintage Metal Basket. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/02/faux-vintage-metal-basket.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, February 20, 2011

Comments "Faux Vintage Metal Basket"

Post a Comment