Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Make your own apothecary (type) bottles

In this post I showed you how I took an empty sauce bottle and used Mod Podge to affix a label
from Graphics Fairy to make it look like an old apothecary jar.
Well the label became a little damaged from water and in a fit of cleaning I threw it in the recylcing bin.
I regretted it right away. So what's a girl to do?
Make some more!


I started with this old bottle of boysenberry syrup.
Rinsed it out, filled it with very hot water.
Then let it soak in a sink full of hot water.


Here's how it looks with it's new label.


Not actually an apothecary label.
Instead a vintage French chocolate label.


Another syrup bottle.
What can I say, we eat a lot of pancakes in our house!


With a vintage perfume label.


The purple heliotrope on the label are so pretty.


Once you've soaked the label they usually come right off.
Sometimes I use a sponge with an abrasive side for stubborn labels.


The vinegar bottle now sports a tooth wash label.


The great thing with the glass bottles is when you are changing the size of the graphic on the computer you can hold the bottle right up to the screen and see if the label is the right size.



One final tip for removing labels.
If soaking in hot water and scrubbing don't work....
You can use Googone and the label will slip right off.


After cutting your label out brush some Mod Podge on the back.
Place your new label on the bottle and brush more Mod Podge on the top. It drys clear.


I'm amazed at how lovely some of these food bottles are.
Many of them have beautiful ridges on them. 
Do you see the pretty scalloped edge around the neck of this bottle?


My four new bottles!

My hubby gave me a beautiful rose bouquet for Valentine's day.
When the roses died I was left with lots of pretty filler flowers.
Please indulge me, I decided to attempt some "artsy" flower photos with my click and shoot camera.


I've always loved daisy's.
Remember "he love's me" "he love's me not"?


I also adore ferns!
You may have guessed from the name of my blog!
Hmmm, someday I'll have to share why I chose that name.


Spanish lavender was not in the bouquet.
I bought a gallon pot at the nursery and am hoping it lives until I can get it potted up outside.


I don't know the name of this flower.
It started in the bouquet as purpley pink buds and then opened into these sweet delicate white flowers.




Photobucket


You have read this article with the title Make your own apothecary (type) bottles. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/02/make-your-own-apothecary-type-bottles.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Comments "Make your own apothecary (type) bottles"

Post a Comment