Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Making Tags (and locker basket news)

I got an email the other day from Linda at Lavender Ridge.
She wanted to know how I made the lavender tag in my master bathroom.
Well, just in case anybody else wanted to know too, I thought I'd show the whole class. :)



I started with a Fresh Scent sachet, like these here.
They are paper packets with good smelling stuff inside. You can usually find them in the candle aisle.


Dump the contents out.
Then cut out the part of the image that you want to use for your tag.


Glue your image to a piece of scrapbook paper cut slightly larger.
Punch a hole in the top and you're done!


I used some twine to tie the Lily of the valley tag to a pot sleeve from Pottery Barn.


It's part of a vignette in my entry way.


The bunny looks kind of lonely.
I think I need to add a nest or something.


The beach tag was tied to a candle in my boys bathroom.


When my oldest son got home from school I asked what he thought of it.
He said it looked kinda "girly".
"What's girly about fish and shells?" I asked.
Well, it turns out the printing (which I didn't read) says the words calm and beauty, therefore, it's girly.
Uh, okay......


In other news:
Remember when I found these locker baskets at Homegoods.....


........and painted them to look like antique locker baskets?
If you want to read about it click HERE.
Well, I know not everyone lives near a Homegoods, so I wanted to let you know I saw some of the green metal baskets at Stein Mart this week.



Finally,  my giveaway for the red crown burlap sack and crown vintage tin is still going on.
If you want to enter leave a comment on this post.

Hope you are all having a lovely week-end!!!!

UndertheTableandDreaming
You have read this article with the title Making Tags (and locker basket news). You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-tags-and-locker-basket-news.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, March 26, 2011

Comments "Making Tags (and locker basket news)"

Post a Comment