Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My make do potting bench

A while back I got a bee in my bonnet that I must have a potting bench.
But as usual I wanted to pay next to nothing for it.


I found this wine rack at the thrift store and thought "this will do".
It was half off all furniture that day so it was only ten dollars.
Now obviously this is a little short to be a real potting bench, but perfect for decoration.
Which is what I want a potting bench for; to decorate and stage.
Basically it's a toy for grown ups. :)


Both sides have this cute little leaf carved in the wood.


I started by white washing the piece.
Three parts white paint and one part water.


Next I took my new favorite paint color~ barn wood~ and watered it down even more.
Half water, half paint.
I brushed it on and wiped bits off with paper towels.
I wanted the piece to look like weathered wood.


The piece had these ugly wheels that look like they belong on an office chair.
Ideally I would have changed out the wheels for some vintage metal ones.
But I lose interest in a piece if the make over takes to long, so I just painted the wheels out.


Here it is all done.
I am loving this piece!


I still need to put a piece of wood on the bottom to make a shelf.
Did I mention I'm impatient when it comes to my DIY projects?
I really admire people that can take on long tedious projects like slip covering their couch.
That is so not me!


Even though I'm not much of a wine drinker and know nothing about Woodbridge wine...
I like the graphic so I made it a bit darker to highlight it.


It's so nice taking photos outdoors.
The potting bench was in the shade so I didn't have any glare from the sun.


I usually have to lighten up my photos a bit with picnik, but this time it wasn't needed.


I noticed Ana White has plans for a library cart that looks very similar to this piece.
So if you are handy you can make your own.


I hope you don't mind more photos because I can't help myself!






I look forward to using this piece year round.
Flowers and herbs in the spring and summer.
Pumpkins and gourds in the fall.
Evergreens and pine cones in the winter.
FUN!





Furniture Feature Fridays


Transformation Thursday




You have read this article with the title My make do potting bench. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-make-do-potting-bench.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Comments "My make do potting bench"

Post a Comment