Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A wee buns makeover

A wee buns (very easy) makeover. 
 I've been reading Patrick Taylor's series of books An Irish Country Doctor
and I have all things Irish on the brain! 
They are very sweet books and I'll be sad when I've finished them.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with this project so I'd better plough ahead (get on w/ the story or task).


A Tuesday Morning store has recently opened up near me so I thought it was my duty to go take a look.
I found this cute little metal wall pocket for only $2.99.
Blue doesn't go with my decor,  hence the makeover.


I sprayed two coats on white spray paint on and then used a dry foam brush to highlight the raised design in front with black acrylic paint.
 I also painted all the edges of the piece black.
I didn't mind if the painting wasn't perfect because it gives the piece more of a vintage look.


The wall pocket even came with a plastic liner so the piece won't rust out when you put plants in it.


Then I had some fun playing with vignettes in my kitchen!
First I put a little fern inside and put some green pots around it.



Next I filled it with lavender.
 Can you make lavender look bad?
I don't think so!

Well, I'd better stop craking on (talking incessantly) about this and get some housework done!








You have read this article with the title A wee buns makeover. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/04/a-wee-buns-makeover.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, April 15, 2011

Comments "A wee buns makeover"

Post a Comment