Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Living Room

For those of you who are new to my blog welcome! G'day to those who have visited many times too!
For Poppies at Play homes tour I felt a post showing my whole house would be a bit too long so I decided to give you a tour of my living room. If you would like to see more of my home just click on any of the room photos on my sidebar and you will be taken to that rooms post. In this post you can click on any of the words highlighted in green to be taken to a post that gives tutorials on my projects.


I've never shown photos of my complete living room before and there are two reasons why.
Both reasons are behind my couch. Two huge windows that let in tons of light.
Great in "real life", but horrible glare when you try to take photos.


This little piece of furniture makes me smile because of the irony of the piece .
I only spent $60.00 on the bookshelf/cubby table at Walmart.
However I spent $120.00 on the baskets from Pottery Barn because at the time it was the only place that had baskets the right size. Crazy right!
It is a great piece though because it hides lots of kids toys.
I have plans to add some enamel numbers to the baskets when I get a chance.


I made this blackboard out of an $8.00 thrift store mirror.
The mercury glass candlesticks were after Christmas clearance specials.
I recently bought this awesome lantern at Hobby Lobby. It has great patina.
I had been looking for just the right lantern for awhile and this one was exactly what I was looking for.
Love it when you find that perfect piece that you've made up in your mind!


I know a lot of people don't like ceiling fans, but they are nice  to have in Las Vegas.
I think this one is pretty.
I got it for only $50.00 from Home Depot because it was a floor model they were getting rid of.
We had to borrow an extra tall ladder from the neighbors when my dad installed it for us.


The glass shades are really unusual.
They are shaped like flowers.
The inside is a bright amber color and the outside is frosted.
I wanted to point that out in case you just thought I needed to dust the piece. ;)




The fireplace isn't the prettiest around, that is for sure.
But it is a two sided fireplace, which is kinda cool.
The other side of the fireplace is in our family room (which I will be showing on the blog soon).


I got this great print off Etsy from the Kiki Comin shoppe.
She had it listed with white letters and colored background.
I asked her if she would switch it and make me one with brown writing and a white background
and she was happy too.
That is something I love about Etsy. It's so easy to get custom pieces made.


We have a nice chunky coffee table.
I searched for literally years trying to find just.the.right.table.
I loved this one so much. Now I'm kind of wanting something different. (oops)
Maybe sell it on craigslist and find something oval?
Hmmmm, we'll see.
The baskets underneath are from Ikea and are great for holding more kids junk toys.





Well there's that annoying glare.
On the table are two of my make over over pieces.
The pillow on the couch is from Restoration Hardware.
I'm slightly addicted to their pillows.
I always wait for them to go on sale before buying.
They are really well made and super cute, to boot!



Next post:  I'll be showing you my guest room. :)









You have read this article with the title My Living Room. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-living-room.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, April 8, 2011

Comments "My Living Room"

Post a Comment