Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A Fall Mantel (except it's not a mantel)

For the first time in my married life I am living in a house without a fireplace.
It's ok though because with a toddler in the house we wouldn't be lighting many fires anyway.
I decided a cabinet in the entry way would be a good spot to change out displays with the seasons.


My original plan was to use wonderful gold wildflowers and brown grasses
 that are growing wild all around us right now.
However, it is pouring buckets outside today, so I used some snapdragons I had in the house instead.
Maybe I'll change out the display later.
We'll see......


I do love pinks, purples and plums so it's kind of fun to change up the colors of fall.
Although I'm sure I'll use orange and such in other parts of the house.


I haven't bought any pumpkins yet, because our town is having a harvest festival next weekend
 and I want the boys to pick them out there.


So I searched through my holiday stash and dug up these wonderful textural pumpkins in soft tan tones.
I always love how lush and full fall decorating is so I put in little bunches of mums to fill in the display.


I found this large raffia type pumpkin at a thrift store years ago.
It might actually be an apple. I'm not sure.
Let's pretend it's a pumpkin. ;)


The gorgeous plate and the vintage rosette I found last week at a estate sale I went to with
 my new friend Heidi.
 She has the blog Dreams Intertwined.
Heidi is such a doll and we have been having so much fun together!
I'm going to tell you all about our shopping adventures in another post soon.


Years ago I bought this faux bough vase from Ballard Designs.
I adore faux bough, but for some reason I never found a place to put this vase in my last house and it sat in a cabinet in the garage. Sad isn't it.
So when I was thinking about my fall decorating this year I knew I had to use this vase.
The wood grain is perfect for fall.


Art in my entry way is a little tricky because there is a stairway behind it.
With hardly any wall space I decided to just prop my "herbs" sign up against the stair rail.
I think it's a fun touch.


So here you have it.
Tans, creams, fuchsia and plum.
A girly take on fall.
I hope you like it.
:)


The Lettered Cottage



You have read this article with the title A Fall Mantel (except it's not a mantel). You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/09/a-fall-mantel-except-it-not-mantel.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, September 26, 2011

Comments "A Fall Mantel (except it's not a mantel)"

Post a Comment