Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A Fear of Heights!

Hope y'all had a wonderful long holiday weekend! The tropical storm brought us a ton of wind and just a little rain. Not enough by any means! There are fierce fires raging just 2 and half hours from us near Austin. We pray for those who are effected by them!! Today we had some beautiful weather though and we are very thankful for it. Tonight it is suppose to get down to 58!! WhooHoo!  
As for my to do list I managed to clean house, get all the laundry done, and accomplish a few projects with The Hubster's help. One we finished up today just before dinner. 
Let me take you back to December to show you the before. Nice chandy but not quite large enough for the space and that empty landing above the door. What on earth do people ever do with those!?

First things first, The Nana & The Papa got up on scaffolding changing out my foyer chandy for me! It had sat in the garage for a year just longing for it's new home.

Yes, I was in LOVE with how it turned out! On the other hand there was still something missing. 

Now fast forward to yesterday when we headed to Lowes and purchased some lumber. We had it cut down to the size we needed and then I came home and stained away.  I did not sand it or anything. I wanted it to have a rustic feel.

Next The Hubster nailed the boards together for me. 

Then we added the hanging hardware. Can I tell you how much I HATE nailing those tiny nails in!? They are the worst! Thankfully The Hubster did that for me too!:)

This is what we ended up with and I was just tickled pink!

Next I had to tackle my fear of heights and head up a very tall ladder with out looking down! The Papa would be proud because I had a tape measure in tow and actually measured out where to place the screws in the wall something I normally do not do.

Just the something extra this space needed! Deciding if I want to place a small rug up there or not?
Yep, I am in love! The best part is that this project cost all of $15!!

Linking up to the following parties:

Metamorphosis Monday- Between Naps On The Porch

Show Off Your Cottage Monday- The House In The Roses


Tutorials & Tips Tuesday- Home Stories A to Z


Nifty Thrifty Tuesday- Coastal Charm

Tuesday Treasures- My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia

Wow Us Wednesday- Savvy Southern Style

Thanx for stopping by!



You have read this articlefoyer / french country / shutters with the title A Fear of Heights!. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/09/a-fear-of-heights.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, September 5, 2011

Comments "A Fear of Heights!"

Post a Comment