Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A Mini Tour of My Home

Our family moved into this home in June and I have soooooo much more to do in terms of decorating.
But sometimes it's good to celebrate the little things you've accomplished and not get caught up in all the
"I wanna do this" "I wanna do that's"
So here is a mini, quicky, un-edited tour of a few rooms in my home.
Welcome!

One of the first things I did when we moved was purchase the Ektorp sofa from Ikea.
It then took me two months to get around to putting the slip cover on (pathetic!).
It still needs some tweaking as you can see.
The Frenchy looking end tables and coffee table are a recent craigslist purchase.
I will probably paint and sell the coffee table, but may keep the end tables.



If you have questions about anything you see in this post just ask in the comments and I will answer you in the comment section as well.



I took literally months of searching but I finally found Restoration Hardware style chairs at TJ Maxx.
 I found them at different stores, but within a week of each other.
Even though they are a lot better priced than RH, it still was a splurge for me.
But I had set aside some money from selling some of my furniture on craigslist before we moved.
So I paid cash for these beauties and I love them!


My entry way as you walk in the front door.
I'm cooking up some ideas for how to decorate it for Fall.
This house doesn't have a fireplace so this will be my "go to" holiday decorating spot.
The cabinet is from Kirkland Home.



Lantern and plaque are from Hobby Lobby.
Cloche was a Christmas gift from my son.
He got it from Steinmart. He's a good boy!


There is still a lot to do in the dining room, but I like the direction in which it's headed.


I think it has a French Country look to it.


The curtains are Waverly from Ebay.
I need to add fabric and trim to the bottom to lengthen them, but I don't enjoy this type of project so don't hold your breath on it happening anytime soon.
The art work is framed vintage book pages of ferns I bought from Etsy.
The metal piece is from JoAnne fabric.


I bought this gi-normous buffet off of craigslist.
It was made by Fancher.
I like the finish it is now, but would love a dark walnut top and a painted white bottom.
We'll see.....


This art work will get moved to another room and something farm inspired will go into it's place.
I adore the lamps.
They are from TJ Maxx. The shades are burlap.
I am a sucker for mixing rustic and elegance together and these fit the bill.
I'd love to put them in my family room, but they'd get broken in about two minutes.
So up high on the buffet, in the room we don't use seemed to be the better choice. ;)



Check out the hardware!
L.O.V.E.


I'm crazy about the arch in the dining room entry.
I hope to paint this winter to emphasize it more.
(very messy butlers pantry in background-don't look at it)
Hey, I said don't look!!


There's a little niche in the wall next to the dining room, that you can see from the front door.
I've placed a metal urn inside filled with silk hydrangea's in different shades of lavender and plum.
Next to it is a cherub candle stick.


I found the candlestick at an antique mall in Las Vegas.
I loved it, but it didn't come home with me at first.
I kept dreaming about it.
When I went back it was gone, or so I thought.
The next time I shopped there I stumbled upon it.
It had just been moved to another spot. Yay!


                                                                    Feathered Nest Friday








You have read this article with the title A Mini Tour of My Home. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/09/a-mini-tour-of-my-home.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Comments "A Mini Tour of My Home"

Post a Comment