Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Patio......again

You may be asking yourselves....didn't you just show us your patio, like a few minutes ago.
Yes, it's true. I've already shown my patio this summer.
It was something I put together quickly to have a pleasant spot in which to watch my boys play outside.
But a few things were buggin' me......


Like this table.
I liked the style and the size but, the wood was a little to "orangey".


So I painted her with Old White chalk paint.
Sanded the heck out of her and applied wax.
So much more cottage style now.
So much more "me".


When we moved into the house there was this one lone plant next to the patio.
See me in the window?
I'm not wearing any pants.
(I totally stole that joke from Amie!)


I've now dug out a little bed and planted some flowers.


The other side of the patio looked even worse.


I dug out another little bed and put in hydrangea and butterfly bush and some other plants.
I hope to be surrounded by flowers next summer.
I also placed my thrift store wine rack turned potting bench on the patio.



I found this cute pillow at TJ Maxx and it picks up on the other aqua accent pieces I've placed
 around the patio.
I also finally got around to planting my fern in my hypertufa pot.


When I was digging up my flower beds I saved some of the moss and placed in on the soil in the planter.
I just love the fern with the moss with the stone!


Here's a closer look at some of the distressing on the table.



Unfortunately I never found the right indoor/outdoor rug for the space.
That's just something I'll have to add next summer.



The other side of the patio is the same as my last patio post, but I'm going to show you a
 bunch of pictures anyway. :)






The other thing I hope to find is the perfect little side tables to place on each side of my settee.
Oh the joy of the hunt!


Summer......do you really have to leave????


Joining: Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seeds
You have read this article with the title My Patio......again. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-patioagain.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, September 15, 2011

Comments "My Patio......again"

Post a Comment