Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Treasure for the Week

 I saw this raspberry velvet chair  a few weeks back at a second hand store here in the area. They were wanting far too much for it so I decided to forget about it. At the time I did not even need a chair. 

Here is a corner of the newly painted guest room. See that rocker? Well it just does not flow with the room anymore. With that being said I just so happend to get an email this week saying that the raspberry velvet chair had been marked down and if I purchased online I could get an additional 10% off. Well now we were talking!
  
I made not one but two visits to the shop to look at the chair. The first was to see the actual condition of the chair. Sometimes ya just never know. Well it was in great condition with no rips, stains or smell! Yes I actually smelled the chair!
I went home to ponder some more. The next day I went back up there and took my side table with me. I am sure the owner thought I was a loon but I had to make sure they worked together. They did but I still needed to ponder and to make sure that nobody was going to list an even better chair cheaper on the local yard sale site. I am always out for a bargain! Well nobody did.
Thus the raspberry velvet chair came home today!

I just love its curves!

And as for it's raspberry fabric it will have to stay around awhile till I get brave enough to tear it off and start from scratch. I am though already pondering how to paint and age the wood! Stay tuned!

Hope your week was a grand one!

Linking up to the following parties:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Frugal Friday
Frugalicious Friday
Thrifty Things Friday


You have read this articlefrench provencial chair / Thrifty Treasure Thursday with the title Treasure for the Week. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/09/treasure-for-week.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, September 30, 2011

Comments "Treasure for the Week"

Post a Comment