Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Guest Bathroom Reveal

I am finally finished with our guest bath mini remodel! I was trying to wait for the sun to come out so I could get good pics but it has been overcast and rainy here for three days now with more to come so I just went with it!;)
If  you would like to see what this space looked like beforehand you can click here and here.


Welcome to our new frenchy guest bath!

I kept the cute shower curtain hooks that I bought for the first makeover because I loved them so much.


I ended up purchasing two shower curtains. One was just not full enough for me and that was okay because I lucked up and was able to get the one shower curtain for just $20 because somebody had opened it and returned it. That was a ten dollar savings and helped this impromptu mini guest bath remodel.
I just love the shower curtains! The faux lace detail and ruffle trim jumped right out at me when I saw it. The shower curtains and hooks both came from Target.

Here is the biggest change in the bathroom!

I repainted the medicine cabinet with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I used Paris Gray , Old Ochre, and  Old White and topped it off with clear and dark wax. The knob I reused from the previous make over. It came from HobLob.

The tile back splash is the same tile we used to frame out our fireplace surround back in the spring. It was very easy to install but grouting was a tad harder due to not wanting to get it on the freshly painted walls and the tight space. Since I did it after 11:30 pm I now see I have a few places that I need to get some of the grout off of!;) Funny how we notice things after we take pics of them that we otherwise would not have.

This is the faucet I finally decided on. I had a hard time making a decision and The Hubster was getting irritated but I wanted to get it right. I would find some that I liked but they would not be in the finish I wanted or too expensive. I think this one turned out perfect though.

We took down the old builders grade mirror and I replaced it with this mirror that I  purchased off the local yard sale site over a year ago for just $15. It use to be a brown and gold combo. I took my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint out once again and went to town with Old Ochre and Old White. I opted out of waxing it. I wanted the contrast.

I just love this vintage like soap dispenser that I found again at Target!

And here is the piece of resistance! Please ignore the fact that we still need to put the little piece of baseboard back on!;) Reason for this mini remodel was because we had a teeny tiny leak that we did not notice till it was on the bathroom floor over a two and half month period all because I asked The Papa to change out the faucet!:0 The cabinet had to be ripped out but thankfully everything else was perfect!!!

 We hunted high and low for a replacement but I always kept coming back to a furniture fixture style. Because of this we had to tile the portion of the floor that was under the old cabinet but that ended up being very painless. 

I just love this vanity to pieces! It got a makeover as well because after we got it home and in the space it was too yellow. You can see the original finish here.I used Old White and Old Ochre on it along with clear and dark wax. 

I had a vision in my head and that involved taking down the white blinds we had installed. I was not sure The Hubster was going to go for it but he said yes right away! I had these vintage shutters out in the garage my mom bought at an estate sale. There were two boxes of them and I still had one box left so I just stained them to match the vintage shutters  I have hanging up in the guest bedroom

I just love the amount of light they let in. It makes the room feel so much larger than it really is. I am on the hunt for a boxwood wreath of some sort to hang above the shutters.

New frenchy looking basket I purchased from HomeGoods awhile back when I started on the guest room make over.

This is the view from the loo. You can kinda vision how small this space really is. 

I purchased these vintage botanical prints again off the local yard sale site a few months back for just $5 for both of them. The mirror I purchased at an antique shop when shopping with my mom back in November. It was just $10.

A finishing touch are these metal hooks I got at HobLob when they were 40% off.

Our guest bath mini remodel cost us at just under $500 which I think is pretty darn good and really was not that hard to do. Just a tad time consuming but only because it is the holidays and already so much going on. Once i list the old marble counter top and faucets the cost will go down some more.





Well I hope you enjoyed the tour of our new guest bath! I also hope that y'all had a wonderful Christmas day with family and friends!! I am looking forward to hearing all about it in the upcoming days!



Linking up to the following parties:
Metamorphosis Monday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Open House Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Show & Tell Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Home Sweet Home Friday
Potpourri Friday
Saturday Nite Special
Thrifty Decor Chick 





You have read this articleguest bath make over / guest bathroom with the title Guest Bathroom Reveal. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2011/12/guest-bathroom-reveal.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, December 25, 2011

Comments "Guest Bathroom Reveal"

Post a Comment