Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Simplicity

I finished taking Christmas down a lil' over a week ago. Our living room looked really bare but I just was not inspired in the least. Nothing was coming to me. Then last night at yes, 1:30 am as I was walking by the fireplace after double checking to make sure the doors were locked it was like a light bulb went off in my head.
I finally had an epiphany for our fireplace mantel and I think it came out rather nicely even if I was half asleep!;) 

My mom gave me this wrought iron tea light holder for Christmas. I could not figure out where I was going to put it and so it wondered around the house for several weeks. I think this is a good spot for it! I also decided to place my Boxwood HomeGoods topiaries that I purchased a few weeks back here as well. 

Next I pulled this scrolly resin piece and added it to the front of the mantle. It had been residing in our lil' art niche which now is in need of a make over.

I took some of the same elements from my fall display and used them for this display. You just can't go wrong with vintage shutters. Next I wanted to keep the round theme going so I brought back in the two taller topiaries. I also brought back in the old world style book ends. I just love those! 

My Kirklands pillow that I purchased sometime last year came back out to sit on the frenchy chair.

And I decided I Iiked the frames from my Christmas display so they stayed too with the addition of the scrolly frame which guess what is just a plastic frame from HobLob that was only $5 and I painted it! It use to be white.

I love how simple and uncluttered everything looks. It is a refreshing change from Christmas. The best thing is is that it cost me nothing!

What projects have you been working on?

Linking up to the following link parties:




You have read this articlefireplace mantel with the title Simplicity. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/01/simplicity.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, January 15, 2012

Comments "Simplicity"

Post a Comment