Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

A Mirror Haven

Yesterday I was perusing the local yard sale website and look at what jumped out at me!
A gorgeous antique oval mirror! It was the perfect size for our half bath so I had to have it. The best part is that it was only $10!

I double looked over it before bringing it home and all I saw was its chippy goodness. That was until I got home. Can you see what I spied after getting it home? Somebody drilled a hole on each side of this beautiful mirror to hang it I guess. It is super heavy. I was a tad disappointed but I figured I was probably going to paint it anyways and I can fill in those holes. At the price I purchased it for it was still a really good deal. I just wish they had done that.

Now as if that was not enough after I got back from picking up the oval mirror I hopped back on the local yard sale site and you just won't believe what I found!
I keep begging The Hubster to let me paint the mirror over our fireplace but he refuses since it goes to our bedroom suite. Well when I saw this one I jumped right on it! I was ready for a change above the fire place anyways.
Not done yet...
Earlier today I posted about fabulous Trumeau Mirror inspirations. I have longed for one forever and actually had plans of making one from scratch until....
I saw this mirror! The same lady who had the trifold had this one as well.
I just love all of its detail!
She also had this one so I made her a deal on all three. I feel like I hit the mirror jackpot!:) I was giddy when I went to pick them up today and saw how big they all were and what awesome shape they were in.

Now I just need to get me some Annie Sloan Crackle Glaze and some Annie Sloan Gilding Wax so I can get the  painting party started! Have you used either of those yet?
Hope your week is going well!

Linking up to the following link parties:



You have read this article with the title A Mirror Haven. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/04/a-mirror-haven.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Comments "A Mirror Haven"

Post a Comment