Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Painted Frames

I love those chunky cottage style frames I've seen on blogs, but I never seem to find any in the stores.
And the ones that I've seen online have been really expensive.

Then I came across these cheap frames at Hobby Lobby.
They are unfinished and don't even come with glass in them, but I liked the width of the frame.
I decided I coud transform them into cottage style frames with some paint.

The first step was painting the frames black.


Next I brushed on white paint making sure there were still areas where the black paint shows.
Finally I waxed and buffed them.
Luckily I have extra glass that fits the frames.
Although I left it out for these photos because I didn't want to deal with the glare.


These prints are going to go in my bathroom and I was trying to mimic the finish on a sign I have in there.
 (I'll be showing it to you in a future post.)


I'm not quite finished with the bathroom yet, so I thought I'd show you the completed frames in a vignette in my dining room.
I found both of the botanical lavender prints on Ebay.
I look forward to showing you you my completed bathroom soon!



Linking up to White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage
You have read this article with the title Painted Frames. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/04/painted-frames.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, April 29, 2012

Comments "Painted Frames"

Post a Comment