Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Eggs-Butter-Milk Sign


 When I'm at Home Depot I always like to look at their wood that is 85% off.
One day I found a piece of wood that was the perfect length for a sign.
When I went to check out it, the wood hadn't been priced so the cashier gave it to me for free.
 Score!
The wood was in VERY rough shape, but I decided to try and make that work with my project.
I would make a sign that said "eggs-butter-milk" that looked like you found it by the side of a country road for a little farm stand.
I painted the sign using pure white chalk paint, but purposely left some of the wood showing.
I then stenciled on my letters using duck egg blue chalk paint.
It looked a little too sloppy at this point. (stenciling is not a strong suit of mine)



I then used a small brush to clean up the letters a bit and then lined them using gray acrylic paint.



Finally I used Annie Sloan clear wax on the whole sign.
I then used the A.S. dark wax just around the edges, really rubbing it into the raw wood.
I wanted the sign to have a slightly dirty look to it.
Just like you would find on a sign that's been left outside.



Here is the completed sign.
Unfortunately my letters aren't spaced perfectly, but hopefully that just adds to its charm. ;)
It is hanging above the sliding glass doors in my breakfast room.
(and now I notice it is hanging crooked)


Finally a lil' sneak peak of the breakfast room.
I took more photos and will show them to you in another post.

I'm joining: Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
You have read this article with the title Eggs-Butter-Milk Sign. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/05/eggs-butter-milk-sign.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Comments "Eggs-Butter-Milk Sign"

Post a Comment