Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Long Awaited

Back in April I shared with y'all an ornate french writing desk that I had purchased. I was super giddy over it!
This is the desk. Since I posted about it I have had many inquiries about when I was going to be done with it. It was in worn shape for sure with drink rings on the top and was tacky because the owner had put a coat of stain on the top without sanding it down first. It required some loving indeed.  
A few weeks back I shared this sneak peek of it on my blog FB page. I had just finished with a crackling technique.
Well here is the long awaited reveal! It is100% finally completed.
I just loved all the ornate detail that this desk has and knew once I painted it it would pop out even more.
The desk has one drawer.
It went thru several layers of paint and distressing.
I love the time worn feel it has now. 
I sanded down the top of the desk and put new stain on it.
Then I added not one, not two and not three but four layers of semi gloss poly to seal it. I was initially only going to do two coats but since I normally work just with wipe on poly I was majorly obsessed with not being able to see brush strokes and those darn little bubbles that sometimes show up with poly. I may have gone a little over board but I think it was worth it.
The desk has carvings on all four sides which you do not find often.
I call this the back of the desk but really I guess it could be the front. 
I used my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on this piece. Let me tell ya I was working on and still am working on a custom buffet that I used latex on. I have not really used latex paint in over a year so it actually kinda scared me even though that use to be all I ever painted with. All was fine with it but honestly it just reaffirmed my love of chalk paint.

The Hubster is madly in love with this desk. He wants to keep it and put it in his office. Not sure why cause I think its kinda girly for him but I won't tell him that!;) The office is already completed and by replacing his desk with this one will totally throw off the entire room. Sadly enough I think I will be selling this piece. We just have no room for it. I have tried to see where I could work it in anywhere in our home and it just won't fit. Sorry honey!:( I am truly honored though that he wants to keep this piece for himself. It will be a hard piece to let go.

I have been working almost non stop so I will have a few more reveals coming up soon!:) Hope y'all are doing well and thanx so much for sticking with me and stopping by to visit even though its been very quiet around here. I appreciate all of you so very much!

I am linking up to the following link parties:
Metamorphosis Monday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tuesdays Treasures

Cow Girl Up
Wow Us Wednesdays
Transformation Thursday
Furniture Feature Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday

You have read this article with the title Long Awaited. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/05/long-awaited.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, May 21, 2012

Comments "Long Awaited"

Post a Comment