Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

First Custom Piece

A few weeks back I was contacted about doing my first custom piece of furniture. This was a new world to me. I normally only do my own pieces and then either keep them or sell them. If pieces are already done and somebody purchases it all is good. You know the customer liked it. When you do a custom piece there is always the worry in the back of your mind...at least mine anyways...what if they don't like what I do!? I put this silly fear aside and decided to go for it. 
This is the piece that Nicole brought to me. She actually lives in our neighborhood so that made it very easy for her to get the piece to me. She heard about me by word of mouth. I won't lie I was excited to hear that! 
Here it is after three coats of black paint with primer and being distressed. To me black is a hard color to work with so I was stressed a tad. I had not worked with latex paint in over a year. Nicole wanted a true black and thus there is no such thing in the world of chalk paint. I sure missed my chalk paint. 
Nicole requested a semi gloss sealant which again is something I don't normally work with. I usually go with a satin so it took some work to not have brush strokes every where.
It took probably around 4 coats of poly to get everything just the way I wanted it.
I decided to clean the inside out and even put a coat of poly on the inside as well. 
I was quite pleased with the end result.
Here it is just before it headed home. It was sitting on an incline so the one door would not stay shut. It is the best I could get.
Off it went to its home. I was super excited to hear what Nicole was going to think since her hubby was the one to pick it up. She was at home with sick kiddos!:(
A very short time later she texted me this pic! It now sits in its new home in her foyer. Nicole was thrilled and so was I! Now I can say bring on the custom pieces!:)
Don't forget about Treasure Hunt Thursday still going on!


You have read this article with the title First Custom Piece. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/05/first-custom-piece.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, May 25, 2012

Comments "First Custom Piece"

Post a Comment