Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Inspired

Last week I had so much fun participating in  Christmas In July with the Cowgirl Up gals! They are all so very creative and talented and I thank them for including me. It not only allowed me to meet some wonderful new bloggy pals but it also allowed me time to work on something else coming up that I am very excited about but anxious about at the same time. It will probably be a few more weeks till I have it all ready but stay tuned to find out what I am up to!;)

In between working on my secret project I had a chance to do a little mini project. Have you seen Courtney's Farmhouse Sheep Artwork over at French Country Cottage? I loved it from the minute I saw it and I wanted to purchase one but at this time my funds are tied up in my secret project so I thought to myself "why not make my own?" so the boys and I headed off to HobLob.
I used an 8x10 canvas, ModPodge, and a sheep graphic I purchased off of Etsy though you can find some fabulous graphics over at The Graphic Fairy for free.
I painted the canvas lightly in Old White.
After I applied the graphic onto the canvas with the ModPodge I used my Craqueleur I already had on hand and applied it just over the sheep graphic. This was a two step process.
Because I am impatient I busted out my trusty dryer to help the cracks along.
Next up I coated the entire canvas with clear wax. My favorite is CeCe Caldwells.
Then I applied dark wax over the entire canvas. My favorite for that is Fiddes & Sons.
This is what it will look like but don't panic.  
All you need to do is go back over the canvas with some more clear wax and lighten up the dark wax. 
In the end you will have a piece of rustic Farmhouse Sheep Artwork all your own for a fraction of the cost! 
Here is a sneak peek at something else I finished up over the weekend!

Thanx for stopping by and I hope all is well!:)
Linking up to the following link parties-

You have read this article with the title Inspired. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/07/inspired.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, July 29, 2012

Comments "Inspired"

Post a Comment