Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Bye-Bye Tangerine Tango...

With the boys getting out of school for the summer, a trip to the beach, a trip to Ga, the hot weather, and an awful onset of what I believe to be carpal tunnel in my left hand or just the something I did to the nerves in my hand it has taken me a little while to finish up my next transformation.
I had shared with y'all these "lovely" Tangerine Tango colored side tables last month.
I also shared with y'all the process it took to strip their tops clean.
It wasn't a fun one but very well worth it. I think you will agree!
Say Hello to frenchy goodness! This is just one of the twins. I figured you could get the gist with just the one. I didn't feel like hauling the other twin in from the garage at that moment!;) They are very heavy.
Yep, definitely worth the effort to strip the tops clean don't ya think!?
I replaced the awful knobs that were on the set. They weren't original to them and I tried to find original but  it was a lost cause. I was thrilled when I found these last week though. The twins needed some bling.
I do not normally paint inside the drawers but they were very orange as well so I decide to go two tone and used La Bonne Terre on the bottom of the drawers and Old White on the sides.
And for some reason I am on a gilding craze! I just could not resist adding some gold gilding.
Some sexy leg action going on! Shield your eyes if you must. I know it could be too much for some people!;)
I did the two tone paint on the inside of the table as well. You can see the contrast a bit better in this picture I think.
I am in love with them! I love all of my pieces but these for some reason tug at my heart a bit more. I take my time with the pieces I do paying close attention to every detail. I hope it shows how much love and passion goes into each and every piece. With my hand issue I am kinda bummed because I cant work on as many at a time as I would like. I am making myself finish up a piece at a time now. Normally I am all over the place!:)

Here is a sneak peek at my secret project I mentioned in my last post! It is giving me something to do since I can't be painting as much right now. Cant wait to share more!:)

Linking up to the following link parties:
Cowgirl Up
Wow Us Wednesdays
Transformation Thursday
Furniture Feature Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday

Fabulously Creative Friday

You have read this article with the title Bye-Bye Tangerine Tango.... You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/07/bye-bye-tangerine-tango.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Comments "Bye-Bye Tangerine Tango..."

Post a Comment