Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Hubby Power

I thought that I would keep it real and show y'all what my house looks like right now. This is just part of the inventory for my shop and part of my items from my space out at the cottage. It doesn't stop here.
It trickles on into the foyer and living room. The living room only because that is where I am working on my hutch that I brought home last Monday. Is the chaos driving me insane? Yeah, just a tad but I am learning to let go and just roll with the punches.

Speaking of the hutch, I started painting it and then an idea came to me. I started on the idea when The Hubster was at work but I wasn't able to complete my idea on my own.
I needed some hubby power!
We pulled out all the stops to get this shelf off. It was never intended to come off!
Finally victory. My hubby is the best! Never once did he curse my idea. He actually hopped right to it as soon as I mentioned it even after a very long day at work. I just knew I would meet resistance but nope.
This is what I was left with. Do you see that tiny little something there?
There was a small nail that had to go. We didn't want to tap it in due to the fear that it would have come out the other side into the cabinet. 
So out came the Dremel. Yes, I was a little nervous at this point. I figured if I needed to I could have grabbed the sink faucet and started spraying!;) 
Next up was sanding down the areas.
Then I needed to patch up all the holes. There were three on each side where the dowels were.
This is where I am at after a little more sanding. Louise thinks this may just turn out to be a great place to hang out after all. 
Here is a sneak peek at the finish I am attempting!
I am hoping to be completed with the hutch this week so we can move it into the dining room this weekend. 
Before you go don't forget to head over and enter to win my giveaway for this adorable frenchy wall clock if you have not already! The giveaway is open thru Friday night midnight!
Linking up to the following linky parties:

You have read this article with the title Hubby Power. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/08/hubby-power.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, August 13, 2012

Comments "Hubby Power"

Post a Comment