Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Autumn in my living room

I thought it would be fun to pull my faux bois vase out of my stash for Fall decorating and that became the kick off for a whole Fall vignette.
 
 
See that brown plaid pillow on the couch?
One side of the pillow is cream with brown flowers and the other side is plaid.
I have two of them, but after searching and searching and searching, I could only find one.
Well guess what?
As soon as I got done taking all these photos and editing them...
Boom, I found the other pillow!
And I wasn't even looking for it.
Ugh!


The dish cloth on the table is from Ikea.
I just got it last week for only 99 cents.


This twiggy pumpkin is from JoAnne's.
Real pumpkins aren't in the stores yet.
A pumpkin made out of natural materials is a nice substitute.


This cute little squirrel is also from JoAnne's.
My three year old loves him!
 
 




I was trimming my crepe myrtle tree last weekend and when a branch stops flowering the flowers turn into green fruits.
The fruits then turn brown.
I think they look like berries.
Perfect (and free) for my Fall decor.


I brought my big ol' jug in from my dining room.
I found it at a thrift store in Illinois for less than $10.00!
It fits perfectly inside a vintage bushel basket.
I think it has the look of a demi john.


My living room is actually supposed to be the dining room in this house.
(I switched the living room and dining room because my big table wouldn't fit in this room)
There in unfortunately no room for end tables on the sides of the couch.
So one of the things I use is this little plant stand.
I set my ivy plant inside an old vintage box and placed it on a plant stand.


Here is a close up of the cool graphic on my crusty old box.
A rustic crate makes me think of farms and what do you visit in the Fall?
The pumpkin patch at your local farm!
(if you're lucky)
Therefore, crusty box=fall decor.
:)


I took my Paris map print off my fireplace mantel and brought it into the living room.
I thought the brown tones would be nice for Fall.
Once it was up though I realized the scale wasn't right for the wall.
I've already taken it down.
I used those hang strips so there were no pesky nail holes in the wall.
Gotta love that!


I have linen curtains for the living room that I bought last year.
I just haven't had a chance to hang them yet.
It sure takes a long time to turn a house into a home when you've moved.


I hope you all enjoyed my Fall living room tour!
 

Now I have a "business" question for you.
Some how a blog has appeared on my reading list that I never followed and I can't figure out how to remove it.
When I checked Blogger Help the only instructions they give for removing a blog from your reading list involve using the follower gadget.
Well there is no follower gadget on this blog.
Just to clarify, I read my blogs on my Blogger dashboard reading list.
Any suggestions?

Linking up to:
It's Fall Y'All @ The Lettered Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
You have read this article with the title Autumn in my living room. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/09/autumn-in-my-living-room.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, September 13, 2012

Comments "Autumn in my living room"

Post a Comment