Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Pretty Blue Table

I'm so excited to show you this pretty blue table in my guest room!
 
 
I found this in an antique shop almost 10 years ago.
You can't tell in this photo, but it was very scratched up and worn.
I had always planned on painting it white and then painting the hardware black.
But some inspiration on pinterest made me change my mind.
 
 
 
I mixed Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue and Pure White chalk paint.
It turned out the prettiest shade of pale blue/aqua.
Edit: Answering my friend Sarah's question in the comments,
I go over the paint with wax afterwards.
 
 
 
 
I'm giddy about this color!
The blue looks so pretty next to my white bedding.
 
 
There were lots of areas on the table that were perfect for distressing.
That is what I love so much about chalk paint, it is so easy to sand down and distress furniture.
 
 
After distressing, the original brown color of the piece shows through.
I think it ties in so nicely with the aged brass handles.
 


I had originally planned on a neutral guest room having only white and linen in it, but I'm so glad I have this little pop of soft color.
I'm also glad to have finally finished this piece of furniture!
 

Linking up to:
Best DIY Project of Sept.@ Beneath My Heart

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard seed

Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp

Treasure Hunt Thursday@ From My Front Porch To Yours
You have read this article with the title Pretty Blue Table. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/09/pretty-blue-table.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Comments "Pretty Blue Table"

Post a Comment