Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Putting together my family room

The moment I saw this room on FOUND I fell madly, deeply, in love.
You will see that I am heavily patterning the look of my new family room based on this room.
Maybe some think it is lame to be such a copycat, but I say go with what you love!
With my messy kids I won't get to have linen sofa's so the room will look different. :)
 
 

A splurge for me were these drapes from Pottery Barn.
In my defense they were on sale and I had a coupon and they are pretty classic.
 
 

 I was somewhat disappointed when I received them because they aren't the lovely gray color
 shown in the photos.
They are more of a brownish gray, but they are still very pretty and I haven't found anything else
 I like better.
 
 
 
 Today I went and got this natural rug from Ikea.
It is huge and the price just can not be beat!
 
 
 I did not get this chest from Wisteria.
But, I did get a French style buffet off of craigslist that I am painting gray and white and will be using as a TV stand.
 
 


I have a framed map of Paris above the fireplace right now, but I am not sure if I will keep it there.
I would love to find a tobacco basket for the mantel.
 
 

I plan on giving my coffee table a makeover so it has a similar look to this RH one.
 
 
 
 
 
I have lamps from Homegoods that are the same style as these Aiden Gray lamps.
I found a pair marked down to $12.00 each!



I have ordered this artwork from Etsy  and it should arrive in October.
I'm so excited!
 
 
 
Finally, back in December World Market had a sale-buy one basket get one free-and I got two of their Kubu baskets.
They will be perfect for extra throw blankets and pillows or for corralling toys.
 ***
I haven't installed anything yet and I also haven't started work on any of the furniture, but I'm really happy with how it is all coming together.
Maybe it will be blog worthy in November????
maybe
 
 
You have read this article with the title Putting together my family room. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/09/putting-together-my-family-room.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Comments "Putting together my family room"

Post a Comment