Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

My Christmas Mantel 2012

Last Christmas we were in a house that didn't have a fireplace.
I am so happy to have a mantel to decorate this year!!



Hmmm, I guess I'm going for a bit of a French Country look?
What do you think would be a good description of this style?



I fell in love with these deer from Pottery Barn last year.
I was crossing my fingers that they would still have some in stock after Christmas and
 I could get them on clearance.
They did!



I'm not totally convinced that gold deer and a gray mirror go together though.
I came close to painting the deer several times.
I couldn't think of anything to put in the mirrors place, so it stayed.
I'm going to tell you all about the mirror in January.
 
 

It's a little hard to see, but there are leaves tucked into my greenery that are a matte gold and I feel they help tie the gray and gold together.
I love to mix elegant and rustic together in my decorating.



The only thing missing are some pretty linen stockings.
Someday I will order some from Etsy.
My 13 year old son insists we use our bright red and green stockings with
 Santa and snowmen on them.
It is nice that tradition is important to him so I'm happy to indulge him.



Silver and copper acorn ornaments are nestled into the greenery on the mantel.



Christmas two years ago  I stenciled Joyeux Noel on an old rustic box (click here to see).
I propped some dollar store candles on tuna fish and green chili cans for height.
I then stuffed around them with paper towel and covered the paper toweling with moss.
I wrapped the candles in scrapbook paper and simply used stick pins in the back to hold the paper on.



I made the NOEL banner.
It's actually much cuter in person.
It is times like this I wish I had a fancier camera and the skills to use it. ;)
(Here's a tutorial for the banner)
 
 

My Kubu basket from World Market holds Restoration Hardware pillows and a sprig of greenery.
 
 
 
My Christmas tree is going next to the fireplace this year and I think it will look so pretty there.
I'll probably go get it this weekend.
 
 
 
Now I just have to finish the rest of the house!
 
p.s. I've had to turn on word verification for awhile. I'm getting a ridiculous amount of spam. Sorry!
 
I'm joining these wonderful Christmas Mantel Linky Parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
You have read this article with the title My Christmas Mantel 2012. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-christmas-mantel-2012.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, November 30, 2012

Comments "My Christmas Mantel 2012"

Post a Comment