Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Salt & Pepper

Am I actually showing you a salt and pepper shaker makeover on my blog?
Uh, yes I am.



For many years I've owned this oak salt and pepper set.
I could have just bought a new set, but I love this pepper grinder.
Both s&p function really well.
So I wanted to keep them.
 
 
Right before we moved from Illinois I went on a painting frenzy.
Chalk paint is expensive and I couldn't move it, so I was looking around for things to paint.
Why not my salt and pepper set?
I mean they couldn't look any worse.
The color I used is called graphite.
This is before I applied dark wax.
 I actually don't like the color without the wax.
 
 

Once you you use clear then dark wax the color becomes much richer.
I guess I would call it charcoal gray.
I could have painted the set white, but then it would show dirty fingerprints all the time.



Now I'm showing you a close up of my salt shaker.
I feel like such a weirdo right now.


Hey, can't have my pepper grinder feeling left out!
 
Oh yes and as you can see I distressed the piece a bit after the paint dried.


I keep my salt and pepper set on a vintage butter dish.
It's a really pretty piece I found at a yard sale for $1.00.
I practically ran back to the car after I paid for it to make sure no one would take it from me.
:)



I keep my kosher salt in this cute little jar from Anthropologie.
And now you know more about my salt and pepper than you ever wanted to know!
 
 

You have read this article with the title Salt & Pepper. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/11/salt-pepper.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Comments "Salt & Pepper"

Post a Comment