Obama Furniture is New Furniture and Best Design for your HOME and Office.

Decorating For The Holidays With Pickle Jars

 I am almost done with decking the halls around here. I just need to tidy up a few things and then sit back and enjoy. Last night I worked on the Guest "Cottage" hallway. Our "cottage" is normally booked for the holidays but this year we will have a vacancy. Even though The Nana & The Papa are unable to be with us this year I decided I still wanted to add festive cheer to this area because it can be seen from the breakfast room and living room.

I used some vintage books I had on hand and just tied them together with some twine. Then I added some greenery to the top.
I was super excited this week when my gingham rug came in from O.co. I had ordered it when I ordered our half bath faucet. At the time I ordered it I was not sure what I was going to do with it and then it dawned on me that it was the perfect holiday rug for this space.
Here comes in the pickle jars. I actually started the pickle jar and tree project last holiday season and it fell to the wayside. I am glad that I remembered where I had put everything so I could finish them off. I used chalk paint on the lids because it dries super fast and then I added some twine around the tops of the jars. I would have loved to have used mason jars but I didn't have any on hand and I wanted to spend as little money as possible. All I had to do was wait for the boys to finish off the pickles!;)
I had seen several inspiration pics on Pinterest and FaceBook of people using vintage trucks and what not to create adorable vignettes. I knew right away this little truck was perfect to use in mine. Though not vintage it holds sentimental value.
Oldest was about two and half in this pic. I remember going to WalMart and him picking this truck out and saying he wanted to get it for his daddy so his daddy could have a truck again. We had just traded The Hubster's truck in for an Expedition not long before that. In the end as you can see The Hubster let Oldest have this truck for his very own and Oldest slept with it for several weeks there after. It has been thru three moves now and lots and lots of loving. I guess it was built Ford Tough!;)
I brought back out my grapevine wreath. To add some holiday cheer I added a berry candle ring to it. 
This was one of my quickest makeovers. It came together so easily which was a relief because this year I have been hemming and hawing over every decorating decision.

Anyways, there ya have one festive little area in our home. Thanx for stopping by and hope to see ya back here tomorrow at noon for my second annual Holiday Mantle Party!

Linking up to the following linky parties:
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Home Sweet Home Friday

You have read this article with the title Decorating For The Holidays With Pickle Jars. You can bookmark this page URL http://about-obama.blogspot.com/2012/12/decorating-for-holidays-with-pickle-jars.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, December 7, 2012

Comments "Decorating For The Holidays With Pickle Jars"

Post a Comment